26-07-11 Shellfish Warning
Highland Council posted a warning this week against eating shellfish collected from the Loch Inchard area.

[Shellfish Warning, Loch Inchard]The warning is about Diarrhetic Shellfish Poisoning (DSP) which is caused when blooms of certain types of algae occur, contamination the shellfish.

Whilst the symptoms aren't fatal, until such time as the all-clear is given it is probably best to avoid collecting and eating shellfish from the loch.



And on the subject of notices, new noticeboards have been erected by the Community Council for local notices.

This one is sited at the petrol station and post office.

[New Noticeboards - Kinlochbervie]


Click HERE to comment to this blog entry.
(C)Copyright Kinlochbervie.info 2009-2015