25-01-14 Poisonous Parsnips
Dog owners should be vigilant for poisonous plants that are being washed up on Scottish beaches.

The plant is called Hemlock Water Dropwort and is sometimes called the 'poisonous parsnip' or 'dead mans fingers'.

The plant itself is relatively common however the recent stormy weather is thought to have washed many into the sea and they're now returning to beaches on the tides.

The roots are highly toxic to both humans and dogs.

[Poisonous Parsnips on Beaches]


Click HERE to comment to this blog entry.
(C)Copyright Kinlochbervie.info 2009-2015